Certain city parking regulations are NOT enforced on national holidays. (The City of Los Angeles does not have authority to waive state parking laws.)
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday (observed)
- President’s Day (observed)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If one of the national holidays falls on a Saturday it will be observed by the city on Friday. If it falls on a Sunday, it will be observed by the city on Monday. The changes in parking restrictions will occur on both the holiday and the observed holiday.
On national holidays the following parking restrictions are NOT enforced unless specifically posted “Holidays Enforced”:
- Time Limit
- Parking Meters
- No Parking with specified days and times only
- No stopping with specified days and times only
- Preferential parking districts (unless labeled “HOLIDAYS ENFORCED”)
- Street sweeping (Also not enforced the day after Thanksgiving and Cesar Chavez Holiday)
Please note the following:
- On Election Days, above “Parking Regulation Exemptions” apply to a one-block radius of polling places
- On select Jewish holidays, LADOT will relax parking enforcement of street cleaning, time limit, and preferential parking restrictions ONLY in the areas and times listed in this letter.
Regulations to be enforced:
The regulations to be enforced on holidays are all safety violations, including but not limited to:
- Red zones, including bus zones
- Yellow/White zones (on request only)
- Disabled zones
- “No Parking Anytime” signs (including “Tow Away, No Parking Anytime” signs).
- “No Stopping Anytime” signs that do not refer to a specified time frame
- All temporary “No Stopping” or “No Parking” signs
Complaints for service, including but not limited to, blocked driveways, etc.