Cost: $34.00 each (3 Maximum per household)
The annual permit is a hangtag that shall be hung from the rear-view mirror of the vehicle so that it is unobstructed and observable to a traffic officer and is the primary parking permit for vehicles registered to an address within the parking district. For annual permits that are not hangtags, the annual permit shall be attached to the left back bumper of your vehicle, or on the driver’s side of the rear window so that it is unobstructed and observable to a traffic officer , and is the primary parking permit for vehicles registered to an address within the parking district.
Permits may be purchased for the full year. However, since each district has a set month for renewal, the price of your first annual permit may be prorated depending upon how much time is left in your permit year.
Annual permits allows the permitted vehicle to park anywhere within the limits of the assigned parking district on streets posted with “Preferential Parking District” (for preferential permits) or “Overnight Parking District” Signs (for overnight permits). Parkers must still observe additional posted restrictions (such as red zone or street cleaning).
In order to purchase an annual permit, you must provide the following:
- Current vehicle registration (or if leased, a copy of the lease, or if registering a company vehicle, a letter on company letterhead from the employer confirming the license number of the vehicle and the name of the employee applicant). The vehicle must be in the resident’s name and registered to the address within the district and show license plate, make, model and year of vehicle:
- Two (2) additional proofs of residency. The following may be used for this purpose:
- Driver’s license (if it lists your home address in the district)
- Property Tax Bill or Rental/Lease Agreement in your name
- Auxiliary Bill: cable, landline telephone, internet, home/renters insurance, gas, water, or electric
If you have just moved to the area and do not have a vehicle registration, please purchase a four- month visitor’s permit until your registration is updated.
Visit one of the Public Service Centers to obtain a permit in-person.
Annual permits may be purchased online, picked up from one of our four convenient Public Service Centers or requested by mail.