Common Parking Prohibitions
In addition to posted signs or colored curbs indicating parking regulations, the following parking is prohibited:
- In alleys, except for the purpose of actively unloading goods or passengers (Watch our Alley Video)
- In an intersection or a crosswalk
- Within 15 feet of a fire station driveway or fire hydrant
- In front of a public or private driveway
- On a sidewalk
- On the roadway side of a parked vehicle (i.e. double parking)
- In front of a bus stop in a tunnel
- Upon a bridge (unless otherwise posted) or in such a manner that obstructs the free use of the street.
- In a center median strip, unless signs are posted permitting parking on the median.
- Continuously at one location for more than 72-hours.
- Heavy duty commercial vehicles in residential areas, unless the vehicle is loading or unloading goods or has a service call in the immediate vicinity.
- Parking of unattached semi-trailers