1. Submittal of Application and Fees
It is the intent of LADOT to establish an online procedure in the LADOT website for the valet applicant as they go through the LADOT Valet Zone Process after completing the LAPD’s Commission Investigation Division Office (LAPD-CID). Until an e-application is available online on the LADOT website, the e-application and information packet will be available via email to valet applicants from the LADOT Parking Meter Division as a temporary measure. The e-application process is as follows:
- The valet applicant MUST obtain a Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC) number from the Office of Finance, when applying for the valet zone operator permit through LAPD-CID. The BTRC# helps connect our e-application with CID at the Police Commission Office.
- To begin, go online to pay valet parking operator fees.
- In the space provided, please enter the full address of the physical location of the valet zone. Click “Proceed” to pay the non-refundable e-application fee of $84 and the service (engineer’s investigation) fee of $343 for a valet zone processing fee total of $427. The service fee of $343 is non-refundable once the request has been fully accepted for review and assigned for processing. Once fees are accepted and deemed non-refundable, they will not be returned. Fees are non-transferrable and are only eligible for the application they were originally submitted for.
If there is a change to a valet operator permit request before a decision is made, or the request is denied by LADOT, the valet operator must resubmit a new request with the appropriate supporting documents and a new valet zone processing fee.
Upon receiving confirmation that the online payment has been received, please submit the e-application and necessary documents to email@example.com
2. Submittal of Documents
The valet operator shall provide the following documents with their e-application for LADOT’s processing of the valet zone request:
- A copy of the final signed contract between them and the business for which they will be providing valet services for;
- A copy of the final signed contract between them and the parking/storage facility that has agreed to allow storage of the vehicles; and
- A valet route plan clearly designating the safest route that will be used by the valet operator’s staff to and from the valet zone, and parking/storage facility. (See sample valet route form.) The approved valet route plan shall be adhered to by the valet operator and their staff at all times. Any unsafe driving or non-adherence to the route plan may result in a cancellation of the valet permit and/or subject to other administrative sanction.
3. Additional Fee Payment(s)
Upon review and approval of the application, LADOT will inform the applicant of the approval and invoice for the appropriate fees, if any. The current applicable fees, which are subject to change, are as follows:
- The installation of a valet loading zone – $660
- A Meter Usage Fee (MUF) – The fee is determined individually per request based on the estimated loss of revenue for all meters that will be included in the valet zone.
Upon approval, LADOT will also notify LAPD-CID. Once CID grants the valet parking operator (VPO) permit, the applicant will then be required to pay the invoice for loading zone installation and meter usage fee (MUF) as necessary before the zone will be installed.
4. Valet Zone Installation
Upon confirmation that the appropriate payment has been made and processed, LADOT will then release work orders to implement and properly designate the valet zone for the applicant to operate.
FAILURE TO MAKE PAYMENT ON THESE AND FUTURE FEES AS REQUIRED BY THE PROGRAM, AND FAILURE TO OPERATE HONORABLY WITHIN THE REQUIREMENTS ESTABLISHED BY ORDINANCE NO. 182742, MAY RESULT IN THE REVOCATION OF THE OPERATOR PERMIT, REMOVAL OF THE VALET ZONE, AND SUBJECT TO OTHER PENALTIES ENFORCED BY LAPD-CID.